Q: I can't accelerate or go fast while driving - 2002 Nissan Sentra

When I fully step on the accelerator the vehicle will be moving at a speed of 40kmh and I can't even over take other vehicles

Hi there. The lack of acceleration you feel suggests several possibilities. There could be low fuel pressure caused by a faulty fuel pump or a faulty fuel pressure regulator. It could be a lack of incoming air to the engine caused by a very dirty air filter or a faulty MAF (mass airflow) sensor, incorrectly calculating the incoming air to the engine.

A restricted exhaust system caused by a plugged catalytic converter is also another possibility. There are more possibilities: a faulty TPS (throttle position sensor), engine or ignition timing problems, etc. I recommend having your vehicle’s [lack of power during acceleration](https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-not-getting-enough-power-inspection diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. I can't accelerate or go fast while driving - 2002 Nissan Sentra