Q: I came from work and thermostat was how it should be then I got home and turn the engine off but had the ignation on been off and

My gmc started leaking antifreeze after I got home but I left the ignition on while engine was off can someone tell me if it's normal I turn it on and it's back on shape I just wanna know what's the problem if it's normal

Hi there, thanks for writing in.

It sounds like your concern is the leaking antifreeze with the ignition on, engine off. Leaking coolant is never a normal condition on any car, even if it’s remotely modern. Anytime there is leaking antifreeze, the leak needs to be addressed. Even if the car wasn’t overheating, or has never even come close to overheating, you should have the leak checked. Your engine relies on the coolant/antifreeze to prevent it from overheating, which can cause serious engine damage. I would recommend having a qualified professional, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose the source of the coolant leak. Good luck.

• I came from work and thermostat was how it should be then I got home and turn the engine off but had the ignation on been off and