Q: I am upgrading my 2007 GT's throttle body to a BBK 62mm throttle body.

I've decided to go ahead and purchase a BBK 62MM Drive by wire throttle body. It is the one where you have to take the tps sensor and the electric motor off of the stock throttle body and bolt it on to the New BBK unit. The Electric motor voltage setting is always high and causes the angry wrench light and engine light to illuminate. To counter this, I need to get a Multimeter and test the voltage before starting the process to get a baseline reading and use a little brass screw to either adjust it up or down to get the correct voltage. What I don't understand is, what setting would I put the Multimeter at to get a precise reading for the electric motor?

Hello. The meter setting will depend on what BBK requires you to set the throttle body at. If the setting is voltage related then you need to set your meter to DC volts. That is usually what they recommend. If it is a resistance reading that they need you will set it to Ohm’s. If this is something that you would prefer to have done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home to adjust this and insure a proper replacement of your throttle body.

3. I am upgrading my 2007 GT's throttle body to a BBK 62mm throttle body.