Q: I am thinking of buying a Touareg. I have always been a Toyota person. What do think?

Is the touareg a good sub for me as it is mine first ever suv

A: Hi there. When it comes to buying a vehicle...

Hi there. When it comes to buying a vehicle, you need to look at what you are wanting to achieve with the vehicle and also to determine what you budget is. First, ask yourself if the vehicle is big enough for what you plan on doing with it. Second, do some research on the vehicle’s that are the same and see what problems that have so you know what you may be up against.

The next thing is to determine your budget for the maintenance for the vehicle. A lot of people buy cars because they are cool and fast, but don’t realize the cost to maintain the vehicle.

The last thing to determine is the lifespan of the vehicle versus a Toyota vehicle that you would consider to buy. These are the many factors when it comes to choosing the right vehicle to have.

If there is a particular car that you are seriously eying, consider having a professional mechanic conduct a pre-purchase inspection on the car so that you know its exact condition without any surprises.