I have a 1997 Ford Explorer XLT AWD with a 5.0L V8. My mechanic has replaced most, if not all of my air conditioner, but it still only works on the highway. When not moving, it gets warm all over again and from the start. How can I get frosty AC at all times, like in those new cars?

A: You need to have the fan clutch checked to ...

You need to have the fan clutch checked to see if it is pulling air at idle. If the fan clutch is not locking up then it needs replaced. If the fan clutch is okay then the pressures will need monitored to see if the pressures are too high indicating the system is overfilled with Freon.