Q: How to fix starting system fault for 2013 ford f150

Went to start my truck and the start system default code came on and would not start

Hi Lawrence. Thanks for stopping by tonight. If you turn the key and you have electrical power to the accessories (like the lights, radio, etc.) then the fault is either a damaged ignition relay, starter relay or faulty starter. If you turn the key and nothing happens - meaning no power to anything; then the likely source is the battery, battery cables or the main relay. It’s also possible that this could simply be a stuck security code that has disabled the ignition system. Ford has made this warning code incredibly hard to diagnose, so you might want to have a professional mechanic come by with a digital scanner to help isolate the root issue.

3. How to fix starting system fault for 2013 ford f150