Q: How hard is it to switch an nv 4500 transmission from 2 wheel drive to 4 wheel drive in a Chevrolet.

I found a transmission the nv4500 but it's a two-wheel drive I need to convert it to 4 wheel drive do I have to switch the tail shaft or just cut it off

Hi there. There are a couple of ways to convert your transmission from 2WD to 4WD. You could install a transfer case and have a short drive shaft go to it from the transmission. Another was is you will need to remove the rear housing and install the rear housing adapter to attach a transfer case. If you need further assistance with converting your transmission from 2WD to 4WD, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. How hard is it to switch an nv 4500 transmission from 2 wheel drive to 4 wheel drive in a Chevrolet.