Q: How does the Securicode® system work?

asked by on December 15, 2015

How does the Securicode® system work?

If your car is equipped with the Securicode® system, it provides you with an alternative way to lock and unlock the car other than your key or the remote. The keypad on the driver door can be used for a number of things, including locking and unlocking the doors, as well as opening the trunk. Here’s what you need to know:

• You’ll need your five-digit entry code to lock or unlock the doors, or open the trunk.

• The code should be in the glove box, on a wallet card.

• When entering your code, make sure you press the middle of the button to ensure an accurate key press.

• You can program a custom Securicode® entry code if you want (up to three unique codes for authorized drivers).