Q: EDC MALFUNCTION

I got a warning after changing my front brakes EDC MALFUNCTION.. can you please explain what this means... thank you Can i still drive? Can this be a big problem?

Hi there. The EDC is referred to as the Electronic Damper Control. The (EDC) automatically or manually adjusts each damper to suit the driving conditions meaning you enjoy outstanding comfort along with the best in BMW on-road safety. EDC reduces variations in wheel load, ensures tires have excellent traction and counteracts body movement regardless of the weight your automobile may be carrying or the state of the road’s surface. Sometimes after a mechanic completes brake or suspension service, this error code will be triggered if certain sensors are removed without removing battery cable power. The code itself is something that should be inspected by a BMW certified mechanic; as it can sometimes be a minor software glitch in the ECU that can be easily reset, or an indicator of a potentially serious issue with the system. In regards as to whether or not it’s safe to drive your vehicle, that is really difficult for us to answer. I wouldn’t suspect that it’s a serious problem, but I would call your BMW dealership or repair specialist sooner rather later to diagnose and resolve this issue for maximum driving comfort and vehicle stability.

3. EDC MALFUNCTION