Q: Rough idle after fuel injector swap

asked by on December 19, 2017

After doin a full injector swap my jeep has a really rough idle and shakes really bad to but upon acceleration and getting up to speed jeep runs perfect

Car idle is rough Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi Mason. Thanks for sending your question today. Most of the time, when this occurs, it’s due to either the replacement injector not being correctly installed or perhaps a secondary or other injector was faulty as well - but not replaced. It’s always best to replace them all at the same time as if one is damaged, others are soon to follow. I would recommend double checking all connections of the recently replaced fuel injector first. If this doesn’t clear things up, have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete a car is idling rough inspection to help you diagnose and resolve this issue.