Q: when in reverse the car gets stuck or its hard backing up.

Hi my var when in reverse sometime will stop or its hard backing up sometimes i have to put it back in drive then reverse to get it going and sometimes when this happens the gas pedal vibrates

Hi there. For your car this is the first sign of transmission failure. When the car starts having issues going in reverse, either it has burnt out internal clutches, or the gear housing is cracked and binding. Either way, you will need to have a transmission specialist check out the vehicle and they will more than likely need to rebuild or replace it.