Q: how do you you remove the alternator

removing the alternator is simple enough but how do you actually get the alternator out of the tight area

Hi there:

The best thing for you to do is purchase a service repair manual for the 2013 Toyota Avalon to review the step-by-step instructions to complete this job. The general steps would be to disconnect the battery, remove the serpentine belt, and remove the lower alternator bolt. From there you would remove the cooling fan and motor assembly in order to gain easier access to the alternator. Finally, you would remove the two top alternator bolts, and then remove the alternator. With the alternator removed, you can put in the new alternator and then install all of the parts back in the reverse order. If you’re not comfortable with completing this task, you might want to have a professional mechanic complete the alternator replacement for you.