Q: how do you you remove the alternator

removing the alternator is simple enough but how do you actually get the alternator out of the tight area

3. how do you you remove the alternator

Q: Overheating, no leaks, replaced thermostat, fan clutch, radiator.

The water pump is a possibility although when water pumps fail they usually leak or make noise. It is more likely that there is a restriction of some kind in the cooling system. Since the radiator has been replaced, the...

Q: Oil filter hard to get off

I have seen this before. It usually happens because the filter is over tightened when installed. Unfortunately the only was to get it off is to unscrew it. Contact a mechanic such as one from Your Mechanic, they will have...

Q: How likely is it that a transmission could be blown after getting towed for a faulty shifter wire?

Hi there. If the transmission shift cable broke, but another mechanic is telling you that the transmission itself is broken, I would highly recommend a second opinion. In most cases, it's one or the other that cause the symptoms you've...