Q: How do you program the universal garage door opener to operate a Rolling Code door?

How do you program the universal garage door opener to operate a Rolling Code door?

A: Your car’s universal garage door opener (if...

Your car’s universal garage door opener (if equipped) is able to operate two types of garage doors – Fixed Code systems and Rolling Code systems. Here’s what you need to know about programming it for a Rolling Code door:

1. Turn the ignition to on.

2. Press the two outside buttons.

3. Hold them for two seconds.

4. Press the Learn button located on your garage door opener motor.

5. Re-enter your car.

6. Press the Function button (the one that will control the garage door).

7. Hold it for up to 20 seconds.

8. The garage door should move during this time.

9. Let go of the button as soon as you see the door move.

10. The LED on the in-car remote should flash very quickly.

11. Press the button to make sure the door is working.