Q: How do you program the HomeLink® system?

How do you program the HomeLink® system?

A: Programming your HomeLink® system allows it...

Programming your HomeLink® system allows it to interact with other devices and systems that you regularly use, like your garage door. Here’s how to program it:

1. Push and hold the two outside buttons on the HomeLink® system located on your auto rearview mirror.

2. Watch for the light to blink after about 20 seconds.

3. Let go of the buttons.

4. Place the end of the remote for the system you want to use near the HomeLink® device (no more than three inches away).

5. Use one hand to push the HomeLink button you want to program and the other hand to push the button on the device (the open button on your garage door, for instance).

6. Keep both buttons held down.

7. Watch for the light to blink. It will start slow and then change to fast.

8. Once the light is flashing rapidly, let go of the buttons.

9. Test the button on the HomeLink system to make sure that it was programmed correctly.

10. If your garage door opener is a rolling code type, it will need to be learned by the garage door unit mounted in the garage. Refer to your garage door owner's manual for the procedure.