Q: How do you open the trunk?

asked by on December 15, 2015

How do you open the trunk?

Your car’s trunk offers the single largest amount of storage space anywhere in the vehicle. It’s important that you’re able to access it easily, as well. While you can certainly use the key to unlock and open it, there’s an easier way.

Locate the interior trunk control button to the left of the steering wheel. Press the button and the trunk will unlock and partially open. Get out of the car, use the trunk, and then close the lid. Make sure it latches completely, though. Driving with your trunk open is dangerous, as it allows toxic carbon monoxide to enter the cabin.