Brand New battery in Acura TL went dead after car was sit...

Q: Brand New battery in Acura TL went dead after car was sitting for 3 days .could it be a bad alternator?

asked by on October 02, 2017

My car sat for 3 days when I went to go start it the battery was dead , it is a brand new battery . My question is could it be the alternator going ? Should I take my car in and also the car alarm kept going off whenever I tried to start the car when hooked up to the battery cables .why is this Happening?

Aleissa. Thanks for contacting us today. When a new battery goes dead after replacement, it’s typically due to the alternator being damaged or one of the charging cables not working correctly. In regards to the security alarm, this might be a symptom of the worn out battery or a different electrical glitch. Instead of taking your car to a mechanic, why not have the mechanic come to you? You can set up a battery will not hold a charge inspection by clicking this link if you’d like.