Q: How do you disarm the Perimeter alarm?

How do you disarm the Perimeter alarm?

Your car’s Perimeter alarm provides substantial protection from theft and break-ins, but you’ll need to know how to disarm it to get back into the car. There are several ways that you can disarm the system, including the following:

• Use the remote to unlock the doors.

• If you have a keypad system, enter your code.

• Use a programmed key to turn the ignition to ON.

• If the alarm is sounding, press the Panic button to stop the horn and turn off the lights. Note that this only stops the system from going off – it is still armed.

Tip

If you use the key to open the door when the Perimeter alarm is on, you will have 12 seconds to put the key in the ignition and turn it to on before the alarm sounds. You’ll also see a warning in the message center.

3. How do you disarm the Perimeter alarm?