Q: Do you need shorter struts if you lower a car with a live axle?

I would like to put lower springs in my car and everyone is telling me I'm gonna need shorter struts because I've got a live axle not IRS. So my question is will I need a short strut?

On some vehicles with live axles you will need to have shorter struts. It is best to not try and piece the lowering parts and to get a complete kit that is designed for your vehicle. This way alignment is keep in specifications.

3. Do you need shorter struts if you lower a car with a live axle?