Q: How do I program the automatic garage door opener to work with a fixed code opening system?

How do I program the automatic garage door opener to work with a fixed code opening system?

A: Your garage door opener (Car2U®) is designe...

Your garage door opener (Car2U®) is designed to work with both fixed and rolling code opening systems. You’ll need to program it for your door, though. Here’s how to do that for a fixed code system.

• Make sure you’re parked outside the garage.
  • Make sure the key is on but the engine is off.
  • Make sure you have a pen/pencil and something to write on.
  1. Open the back of your old remote to see the switch configuration.

2. Write down the switch positions as follows:

• Switches in the up position should be written as L.
    • Switches in the middle (or neutral) position should be written as M.
    • Switches in the down or negative position should be written as R.
  3. Press all three of the buttons on the remote at the same time. Hold them briefly and then let go. The lights should blink slowly.

4. Enter the switch positions by using the three buttons (left is L, center is M, right is R).

5. After the positions are entered, press all three buttons at the same time and release them. Watch for the light to turn on.

6. Press the button you want to program.

7. Watch for the garage door to move while holding the button. It may take almost a full minute to see movement.