Q: Hit a car and want to know the best way to go about this persons repair.

So I was involved in an accident recently, I tapped a persons car in a parking lot. The car I hit was a white BMW. The damage resulted in some small (around 1 inch) deep paint scratches on the side of the bumper near the tire. (I am assuming that is what they are, I don't know a whole lot about cars. However the paint is clearly off you can see a dark color). I haven't heard from the other person how much this is going to cost or whether we will go through insurance or not. Would it be wise to go through insurance? Is this something that can be easily repaired? How much do you think it would cost if we didn't go through insurance and they just brought the car in to get repaired?

A: This would all depend on the extent of the ...

This would all depend on the extent of the damage caused by the accident. If the paint damages on a very large surface it would probably be best to go through the insurance company to make sure it gets repaired properly. If you want to just cover the cost of the repair without going through insurance that is up to you and the person you were involved in the accident with. It is always best to go through the insurance company because they will cover all the costs associated with the accident. Best of luck.