Q: Car makes grinding noise

The car is making a grinding noise. It sounds like it is coming from the fanbelt flywheel that is connected to the power steering fluid housing. It also has some fluid splatter in the same area.

Have an experienced technician with an automotive stethoscope inspect the vehicle. Some noises can be difficult to diagnose and the stethoscope will lead the tech to the root of the problem. The cooling fan can break and make noise as it rattle around. Or you may have a leaking power steering component causing the pump to groan when the fluid level is too low. Consider having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose the grinding noise and help you fix it.