Q: High idle, deiseling(sometimes) jumping in gears and choke light stays on.

I picked up my 85 chevy g20 van from having the transmission rebuilt 2 days ago and from the moment i picked it up it has been idling high, jumping into gears, deiseling (not all of the time just sometimes) and the choke light stays on. It did not have these problems before. Also there is a wire at one of the connectors on the carb that is badly frayed (i will include a pic in the comments). The engine is a 305 v8 5L and has a 4bbl quadrajet carb. I am stumped, any ideas on the cause?

3. High idle, deiseling(sometimes) jumping in gears and choke light stays on.