Q: High engine temperature

So I got a notice on my dash about a month ago saying engine temp was too high however the temp gauge was all the way on cool. I replaced both temp sensors in the car then reset the computer and everything seemed to be fine. Now today the same notice popped up and the gauge went back all the way to cool. I tried unplugging the battery to reset the computer again. The notice went away on the dash however the temp gauge now stays around the 1/4 mark on the cold side. Anyone have any idea what could be causing the issue and how to fix it?

Hi there. It is quite possible that your coolant temperature sensor, located on the top of the radiator is damaged or faulty. This is a problem that should be resolved and correctly diagnosed, as if this sensor is failing, it can cause the thermostat to not open at the right time and lead to a serious overheating situation. I would recommend having a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a temperature warning light inspection, so they can pinpoint the source of this problem and recommend or complete the right repairs. On a separate note, I would strongly recommend against doing the disconnect battery to reset ECU thing; as this can disable the ECU completely; leading to a $3,000 replacement that can only be done at a dealership.

3. High engine temperature