Q: Hi when switch my car on the dashboard lights is off and then the car dont start but after a few minutes the lights come on and th

my car dont want to start when the dashboard lights is off

A: When the lights on your dash are off, this ...

When the lights on your dash are off, this indicates to me that you have lost power to most of the car. This means there is an intermittent bad connection somewhere in the main power system of your car. I would be inspecting your battery connections and the main fuse box under the hood as well as the main fuse box under the dash.

It takes a significant amount of experience to know what to look for, so I recommend booking an appointment with us to locate the source of the bad connection for you. One of our mobile technicians can diagnose your car’s starting issue firsthand and help you repair it accordingly.

When it comes to electricity, what looks like a good connection to the naked eye, does not mean electricity will flow. This is why we have tools such as test lights and multimeters. What you have is an intermittent bad connection. If you want to try and figure this out yourself, I recommend grabbing and wiggling any wires around your battery when there isn’t any power on your dash. When you wiggle something turns the power back on, you are on the right track. You can use what is known as the wiggle test in any set of wires to locate a bad connection.

Good luck!