Q: Hi Steven, I have a 1995 pontiac grand am, quad4 16 valve. Today the upper radiator hose broke and I replaced it. The problem I am

Hi Steven, Today the Low Coolant idiot light came on while driving. I found the car was leaking radiator fluid and the upper radiator hose was broken. I replaced the hose and refilled the radiator resevior. There doesn't seem to be any leaks after the test drive. However, the Low Coolant idiot light is still on. What can I do to figure out why..or to reset it? Thanks in advance!! :)

There could be trapped air in the cooling system. The sensor could be dirty or defective or there could be a fault in the warning circuit. In some applications, there is a potential delay (documented in the Factory Service Manual) for the sensor to reset once you have completed the repair and refilled the cooling system. If there is no overheating, especially due to trapped air, and the cooling system is full (check when stone cold and check reserve tank, too, of course) and yet the warning light remains on for more than three days, the recommended service to get this resolved is a warning light diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Hi Steven, I have a 1995 pontiac grand am, quad4 16 valve. Today the upper radiator hose broke and I replaced it. The problem I am