Q: There was a squeaking noise on the passenger side but it went away and I don't know what it was.

asked by on November 21, 2016

It started yesterday in the afternoon right around when the temperature in my area dropped a lot. It was a squeaking sound on the passenger side that would come and go, particularly over bumpy roads. It wouldn't make the sound if the car was stopped at a light, and it wouldn't make it when I was backing the car out of a driveway. But today the noise abruptly stopped. Beyond that the car appears to be driving normally and the engine itself isn't making any odd sounds. The noise itself sounded like it was coming from behind the glove compartment.
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hi there:

In some cases, the squeaking sound that is coming behind the glove box is attributed to the air conditioning or heater blower motor. If you had either of these two components activated when the noise came on, this might be the source. If not, it’s possible that the stabilizer bar bushings might be wearing out and cause the squeaking noise (especially over bumps). There are several components in the engine compartment that could also make this type of noise, so before you decide to take your car to a shop or buy any parts, contact one of our professional mobile mechanics and allow them to complete a car is making a noise inspection first; so they can properly diagnose the issues your Honda is experiencing.