Q: Car turns on but won’t run. Battery oil and check engine lights are all on. Changed spark plugs yesterday to see if p0300 301 302

asked by on February 07, 2018

Yesterday the car turned on but when I shifted gear it wouldn’t drive, but I could rev up gas. waited about 10 min it started then check engine light came on 300 301 302 304 305..checked battery at Sams club it was good, got spark plugs replaced. Check engine light was reset and now today it turned on but no movement or gas wouldn’t rev up, oil check engine and battery lights all turned on. Waited 30 min it started currently it turned off again and I’m stuck

Engine is misfiring Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The vehicle is misfiring (based on the codes) and a common cause of the misfiring is a faulty engine management sensor. The solution to a problem such as this relies on a "diagnostic decision tree" that is set forth in the Service Manual. For the particular codes you recorded, that decision tree implicates the following as "potential" causes: spark plugs, low cylinder compression, damage or excessive wear of spark plug wires and/or coils, faulty fuel injectors, clogged EGR valves or tubes, burned valves, improper ignition timing, vacuum leaks, leaking head gasket, faulty camshaft sensor, faulty crankshaft sensor, faulty mass air flow sensor, faulty oxygen sensor, faulty throttle position sensor, faulty catalytic converter, and others. If you want the cause of the misfiring pinpointed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a misfiring diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this diagnosed and resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.