Q: Problem with my car - clutch pedal is loose and brake fluid underneath the car - 2011 Chevrolet Orlando

Im driving a chev orlando 1.8 my problem is with the clutch pedal is loose and i couldnt drive as it was just loose and also underneath the car brake oul was leaking .

A: Hi there, these symptoms indicate that your...

Hi there, these symptoms indicate that your clutch hydraulic system has malfunctioned; specifically the clutch slave cylinder or hydraulic line are worn out or damaged. This is the source of the brake fluid under the car, and the source of the "inoperative clutch pedal". I would recommend inspection of the clutch hydraulic system by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.