Q: Hi, I just wondering if i can put a 1996 5.9 2500 engine on a 1999 5.9 1500 dodge ram? Thanks in any advice!

It's possible to put a 1996 2500 dodge ram 5.9 engine in a 1999 1500 5.9 ? Both Gas Enginea

Hi there:

It’s very difficult to give you a yes or no answer without fully inspecting all components related to the engine and determining whether you’ll have ECU issues, however, as long as the motor mounts are the same; which they should be as it’s virtually the same engine block, you should be able to swap motors. Please be advised that this type of motor swap comes with a lot of other potential hurdles due to electrical differences between the two engines and their ability to interchange with the transmission and other components on the Dodge Ram 1500.

3. Hi, I just wondering if i can put a 1996 5.9 2500 engine on a 1999 5.9 1500 dodge ram? Thanks in any advice!