Q: Hi, I just wondering if i can put a 1996 5.9 2500 engine on a 1999 5.9 1500 dodge ram? Thanks in any advice!

It's possible to put a 1996 2500 dodge ram 5.9 engine in a 1999 1500 5.9 ? Both Gas Enginea

A: Hi there: It’s very difficult to give you ...

Hi there:

It’s very difficult to give you a yes or no answer without fully inspecting all components related to the engine and determining whether you’ll have ECU issues, however, as long as the motor mounts are the same; which they should be as it’s virtually the same engine block, you should be able to swap motors. Please be advised that this type of motor swap comes with a lot of other potential hurdles due to electrical differences between the two engines and their ability to interchange with the transmission and other components on the Dodge Ram 1500.