Q: Hi, I have a 2012 Kia Sorento. The high pressure ac hose is needing replacement.

My AC high pressure hose is needing replaced. It's leaking freon. I've had it diagnosed and was told with parts and labor, it's going to cost 500+. Wanting to know if that's reasonable? Seems a bit excessive to me. This is a shop, not the dealership.

Unfortunately, all shops have different overhead requirements, experienced or inexperienced mechanics, access to parts discounts and labor rates that may motivate them to charge certain prices. It is very difficult to compare one shop to another for this reason. I would suggest checking with one of our experienced experts here at YourMechanic to have a second opinion and diagnosis on your vehicle. Depending on how much freon has leaked out due to the leak, this may also contribute to additional cost associated with recharging the system as well. I would suggest having a professional form YourMechanic come to your location to inspect and provide an estimate to replace your AC high pressure hose.

3. Hi, I have a 2012 Kia Sorento. The high pressure ac hose is needing replacement.