Q: Hi, I have a 2010 Nissan Versa 18.l L4 engine (MR18DE), 6 speed Manual and R56794R Transaxle. Pedal to floor now. What to do?

2010 Nissan Versa 18.l L4 engine (MR18DE), 6 speed Manual and R56794R Transaxle. Peddle to floor now. Clutch peddle started going soft a year ago ... gradually ... until 6 months ago ... then engaged very high off the floor, then stopped engaging all together this week. I replaced the Clutch Master Cylinder , pumped the peddle, and things were great for a week ... then ... peddle got real soft, and needed to be pumped 25-50 limes in neutral/engine off ... and worked for another week ... but upon highway driving the peddle went to the floor ... went there and stayed there. Pumping has no affect ... can I bleed the CSC Slave cylinder without pulling the engine/trans? I know it's not the pads, BC the car start, and fully engages into any gear with car off, and then starting car. Help!

Check the slave cylinder and see if there is a fluid leak on the cylinder. If there is no leaks, then the return spring could be broken or missing. If the return spring is intact, then the clutch release bearing has failed and the fork has came in contact with the pressure plate on the clutch pack. If you need further assistance with your clutch pedal going to the floor, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Hi, I have a 2010 Nissan Versa 18.l L4 engine (MR18DE), 6 speed Manual and R56794R Transaxle. Pedal to floor now. What to do?