Q: Hi can I buy a flywheel for my VW 1.9 and take it to the garage to get fitted by a mechanic... thankx

Hi I needed to replace the flywheel for my car.. the mechanic has mentioned that it is better for him to buy the part and fit it so that it fits fine. I have found a flywheel online which I wanted to know can I buy it and then ask him to fit. Thankx

Some mechanics and repair shops are open to installing parts brought to them and others are not. I think those that are not so open to it, may have had issues in the past with parts brought to them being wrong, defective, etc. If for example, the flywheel you bring them is wrong and that is not determined until the transmission is removed, their lift and shop space are tied up until the situation is corrected. The same may apply if the part is faulty as well. It would not hurt to ask if they are willing to install parts you provide. They may be open to it.

3. Hi can I buy a flywheel for my VW 1.9 and take it to the garage to get fitted by a mechanic... thankx