Q: Hi bent valves maybe

Well timen belt went out but it was still on when car broke down but got it changed anyway well the other belts was the one that popped when car broke down it wouldn't start it made a grinding sound n engine vibrated well put it in shop the only belt they replace was timen they said its t heads they didnt even take the engine apart ti see n the heads doesnt hv anything to do with it not crankin n if the heads was bad it would smoke n it dont the engine is quit its a 99 M

itsubishi galant 6 cyl the aultanor n ac belt is off

There has been many different motors used in Mitsubishi vehicle and all but two engines bend the valves when a timing belt breaks. The possibilities of bent valves is very likely and head removal is needed to make sure unless you install new timing belt and do a compression test of each cylinder.

3. Hi bent valves maybe