Q: Is it hard to replace the lower control arm on my 2003 Nissan Sentra

I'd like to repair this issue myself but I'm wondering if I need a spring compressor or if the spring is in anyway connected to the arm. Is it just as simple as removing bolts and old part? What's the process of this repair? Thank you

Hello. Replacing the control arm on your vehicle is not a task that requires the removal of the spring. This does make it easier than if the spring needed to be removed. The main precautions that need to be taken are that the vehicle needs to be properly raised in the air and then when the new arm is installed, the bolts must be torqued properly to prevent any damage to the control arm bushings. If you need some help with this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [replace your control arm] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/control-arm-assembly-replacement