Q: What does this mean?

asked by on October 01, 2016

Hi, I did a check for a 2009 Black Lexus is250 sport luxury car. It showed 2009 BLACK TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION SEDAN SEDAN. Isn't this a Lexus? Did they do the engine swap or something?

Hi, thanks for writing in. The Lexus brand is owned by Toyota. Toyota manufactures every part of Lexus automobiles. Lexus is Toyota’s luxury brand. This is true for many car manufacturers. They will have a basic brand that is more affordable to the general public and a premium brand for those who are willing to spend more money on a nicer car. Ford’s luxury brand is Lincoln. GM’s luxury brands are Buick and Cadillac. Nissan’s luxury brand is Infiniti and so on. Hope this helps!