Q: Hello, I have a 2008 Chrysler 300 touring. I can shift the car to drive but when I try to accelerate to move it, it does not move

Hello, I have a 2008 Chrysler 300 touring. I can shift the car to drive but when I try to accelerate to move it, it does not move or lunges forward. Please let me know what you think is wrong.

If the engine speeds up, but the car does not move, it is possible that the shift linkage is maladjusted and thus the car is not actually in drive gear. That can be checked. Other possibilities are that the transmission fluid level is too low, the filter is blocked or there is a fairly significant transmission failure such as the torque converter, transmission oil pump, or internal parts in the valve body or clutch packs. Much of that can be diagnosed using simple pressure testing on the transmission test port. There are other possibilities that relate to the engine alone and would come into play if the symptom is no increase in engine speed at all when you step on the accelerator. To get this issue conclusively diagnosed, the recommended service is a no drive diagnostic. If you schedule that diagnostic, the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Hello, I have a 2008 Chrysler 300 touring. I can shift the car to drive but when I try to accelerate to move it, it does not move