Q: heating/cooling and fan

there is little heat in the car, the fan under hood is on high and the engine coolant light will go on and off. In the summer the AC won't blow cold.

A: You likely have a low coolant problem. When...

You likely have a low coolant problem. When your coolant level isn't correct your air won't blow at the right temperature. However, it's also possible that your heater core isn't working properly. It may just be clogged and need to be flushed. You'll have to remove if from the car in order to do the flush though. Use a water hose to run water through it and clean out any clogs in the heater core. A certified YourMechanic technician can come to your location to perform an inspection of your heating and AC unit to help diagnose this issue and suggest any repairs needed.