Q: Heater, windows, sunroof, and mini counsel have all stopped working at the same time

Why did my heater, windows, sunroof and mini counsel stop working at the same time?

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. I'd be happy...

Hi, thanks for writing in. I'd be happy to provide my insight. If all of these accessories stopped working at the same time it may be possible that a fuse or relay has failed. Many vehicles will use one fuse to power multiple accessory circuits, and will cause them all to malfunction if the fuse burns out. The fuse that powers the vehicle's interior accessories is located in the interior fuse panel. It may also be possible that there is more than one fuse for these accessories, in which case more than one fuse would be blown. If the fuses check out then it may be possible that you have a wiring issue with those accessories.

If you would like help inspecting this sudden issue, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to confirm a diagnosis for you, and make or suggest any repairs (such as a fuse replacement) as needed.