Q: Opinion about buying a 2001 Chevy Silverado with 190,000 miles

asked by on May 16, 2016

What do you think about 2001 Chevy Silverado with 190,000 miles?

If it’s the original owner’s car, then he got his money worth with it. 190,000 miles and he didn’t have to put engines or transmission or AC compressors. Even if he did, he still got his money worth. If you are talking about buying, I wouldn’t give much money for it because, with that mileage, either that engine, transmission, or the air conditioning is going to go out and that will cost a lot of money to fix. But with that said, if you are getting it cheap enough - if you are getting the thing for about a 1000 bucks or so - it might be worthwhile to fix it up. I recommend having a mechanic give the car a pre-purchase inspection before handing your money over so that you can have a much clearer idea of the car’s condition and quality.