Q: Hearing noise form tires when turning

asked by on February 04, 2016

When I turn left or right I hear a noise from the tires, with the left side worse than the right side. After about five seconds after I start to turn, I hear a metal sound. I have not found any leaks and the power steering fluid was over the minimum mark.

This is an issue that comes up often on this vehicle. Most of the time it comes up if the vehicle is 4-Wheel Drive. If it is then the problem is typically caused by worn out CV axles. If the vehicle is two wheel drive then this can occur from low power steering pressure from a failing pump or it can be a failing control arm bushing which will allow the suspension to shift and make noise during turns. A mechanic would start by checking the suspension for loose parts. I recommend having this turning noise inspected right away before any further damage is done.