Q: Headlight problem

When I start the car both headlights come on. Upon driving about 30s-2 mins the passenger side headlight will go out. Don't know why I can turn the headlights off and back on. The headlight will come but the same thing happens over and over.

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. I'd be...

Hi there, thanks for writing in. I'd be happy to help.

If it is only the one headlamp that is doing this, then that headlamp needs to be replaced. There is a ballast system in the headlamp that fails and causes this to occur. I typically check the connections first to make sure that they are clean and tight and if they are, then I replace the assembly. I also check the bulb first as that may be shorting internally. If you want to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this, and make any necessary repairs.