Q: Having trouble setting the time for a Mazda Cx7. follow the procedure but get advance time

Having trouble setting the time for Mazda Cx7. Following the procedure but still get the engine light and scanner says over advancce. Any recommendations

Hello. If your scanner is reporting a trouble code that indicates over advanced timing then there may be an issue with the engine management system. If one of the sensors or components, such as the cam position sensor or cam phaser, has an issue they can throw off the camshaft timing and set off the code. In some rare cases the code can be caused by mechanic problems, such as timing chain or camshaft wear issues. The specific trouble code would reveal more insight on what the exact problem may be. I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to (diagnose the the cause of the check engine light, and of your over advanced timing)[https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/check-engine-light-is-on-inspection].

• Having trouble setting the time for a Mazda Cx7. follow the procedure but get advance time