Q: Having problems removing the long bolt in bottom of alternator. I took off the nut and tapped it out til it hit inner fender. 2007 Hyundai Elantra

asked by on July 07, 2017

I am having trouble removing my lower alternator bolt. I took the nut off it, tapped it as far as it will go (hits inner fender) & it still has about 1 1/2 of room til it comes out of the bracket. I have a picture if it helps.

Hi there. In order to get that bolt out the engine will need to be lifted in order to get clearance. If you do not lift it then it will not come out. You should get some help from a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, that can assist you with this.