Q: have the tcs light on all the time and engine light

tcs light and engine light are on all the time front wheels feel warm and car acts like tcs system is stuck on

A: The traction control system monitors the st...

The traction control system monitors the steering stability of the vehicle and engages when loss of traction has been detected. This system counteracts over steering and under steering by reducing power and/or applying brakes to specific wheels. This is done by the use of electronic sensors that communicate with the Power Train Control Module (PCM) regarding steering performance and stability in adverse weather conditions. When the brakes lock up, this may cause a loss of control and the vehicle may slide. The anti-lock brake system prevents this from happening by preventing the brakes from locking up. The traction control system works by reducing engine speed and determining which wheel to apply brake pressure to in order to prevent the vehicle from sliding.

The anit-lock braking system and the traction control system work together to maintain the stability of the vehicle. The Power train Control Module (PCM) receives information from electronic sensors regarding the rotational speed of each wheel, the horizontal motion of the vehicle, and the vertical motion of the vehicle. When this warning indicator light comes on in the dashboard, this could be an indication of several issues such as faulty wheel speed sensors, a faulty steering angle sensor, a faulty rotational speed sensor or a problem with the steering rack. In some cases, the traction control system may simply need to be reprogrammed. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to properly diagnose your traction control system.