Q: I have an 03 Tahoe and this morning it would not accelerate very fast.

this morning i tried to accelerate from a stop and i could only go 20mph. i backed off pedal it seemed to help alitle but still goes slow. i do hear a hissing sound when i am at idel and when i press the gas pedal. can you help.

A loud hissing noise can often point to a vacuum leak and these leaks will allow unmetered air to enter the engine and throw off the fuel calculation which may hinder performance and signal the check engine light. A throttle body that is not functioning properly can bind when commanded open and open too slowly or get stuck in a position that does not allow much airflow for higher power. Also if the correlation between the pedal position sensor and the throttle plate position sensor do not match, the computer will cut performance as a safety measure. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out for a closer look at the vehicle to offer a more personal diagnosis of your loss of power concerns.

3. I have an 03 Tahoe and this morning it would not accelerate very fast.