Q: Have a 03 Dodge Ram 1500 slt and turned off engine but belts still ran, disconnected battery noticed melted wire on starter

Yesterday I had to pull out fast to get in front of someone and I noticed a funny sound in addition to the sound of my engine. At a stoplight, I tried tirning off the engine to re start the truck but it didn't turn off, maybe the pistons stopped firing but the belt was still turning slowly. I turned the key, and it restarted normally from that state and I continued home. When I arrived, I tried again to turn off the car but again the belt continues turning after I took out the key. So I disconnected the battery and it finally stopped. I saw smoke coming from near the block and I prayed I didn't throw a rod or blow head gasket or aomething. As I looked under my truck, I saw a string of melted plastic leading to the insulation on the wire coming out of the starter. Now I don't know if the starter is the problem or the effect of another problem. Please help I have to work tomorrow and. Red to fix this today!!

3. Have a 03 Dodge Ram 1500 slt and turned off engine but belts still ran, disconnected battery noticed melted wire on starter