Q: hard to start after driving anywhere

starts up fine but cant stop anywhere but where I am going like work if I shut it off to go to a gas station it cranks and cranks and cranks and eventually it starts but then has a very high idle if I let it sit for a few hours it starts up fine

A: It sounds like your 1996 Acura Integra may ...

It sounds like your 1996 Acura Integra may have an issue with air metering or fuel delivery. If a fuel injector is leaking, the excess fuel will have to be expelled before the vehicle will start and will not run so well at first.

The throttle body has an idle air control valve that will adjust idle speed and this component can malfunction allowing too much air or too little into the engine causing a no start or a high idle situation.

I'd contact a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, if you need some help with these checks. They will be able to diagnose starting issue and help you address it accordingly. Good luck.