Q: Had belt, alternator, and battery checked. Car not starting.

Car does not start. I had AAA check it and it is not the battery, alternator, or serpentine belt, though it could be the starter.

A: The Mazda RX-8 is a particular favorite of ...

The Mazda RX-8 is a particular favorite of mine, which may be due to the fact that I did own it at one point, making me very familiar with the function of this vehicle. If indeed the starter is the culprit, you will notice that the engine will not crank, or turn over, when attempting to start the vehicle. However, if the engine is cranking, than the problem may be more involved than the starter. A few examples of reasons your Mazda may not be starting could include; a starter motor not engaging, lack of spark at the spark plugs, lack of fuel at the fuel injectors or lack of compression inside the engine. Getting in touch with a certified mechanic will allow him or her to identify the starting problem using the proper knowledge and tools