Q: A/C is going crazy. The reading of the "outside temperature" resets itself. 2004 Land Cruiser

Good Morning. The A/C on my 2004 Land Cruiser is going crazy. The reading of the "outside temperature" resets itself. While this happens, it looks like this :"- -". While this is going on, the A/C does not blow cool air, you can´t hear the compressor start. When it actually reads a temperature, then you can hear the A/C start, and it does blow the coldest air. Also, it you try setting a temparute other tan the "coldest" one, it stops. They have changed the Outside Temp Sensor, The In Car Sensor, the Termistor Sensor, but it is still going wild. Can it be some sort of controller that needs to be changed?

Hello - most likely, the outside air temp sensor has been damaged or ripped out. (They are often mounted down low just behind the front bumper, which makes them vulnerable to all sorts of things.) When the sensor is removed, or the wiring is cut for that sensor, the "open circuit" falsely tells the HVAC control that is -40F or similar - confusing the cooling function. Some vehicles will re-attempt getting another reading periodically, thinking this reading is incorrect. Replacing the air temp sensor, or fixing the damaged wiring, will eliminate this problem. i would recommend a wiring inspection for this circuit by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. A/C is going crazy. The reading of the "outside temperature" resets itself. 2004 Land Cruiser