Q: Gears not shifting like they should

My engine revs up high like it needs to go to the next gear up, but it is not shifting.

A: Hello. The first thing to be looked at is t...

Hello. The first thing to be looked at is the transmission fluid level. If the fluid level is low, it needs to be corrected and see if the transmission will shift. If the level is good, a scanner needs to be connected to see if there are any codes present and see the data that is present. If there are no codes and the transmission still has no engagement, there is a good chance that the transmission has an internal failure. If there is an internal failure, the transmission might have to be removed for repair. You will need the aid of a mechanic to connect a scanner and check the data. They will be able to service your transmission’s fluid and make any other repairs to get your car running properly again.